Title: Wordpress on docker (the docker way) Date: 2014-12-11 00:44 Author: eamonnfaherty Category: devops Slug: wordpress-on-docker-the-docker-way
I have just finished committing my initial version of Wordpress on Docker. It is available on github and available to download. I have followed the Docker best practices and have ensured that only one process runs per container. This was made possible using fig.
To use it all you need to do is clone the repo, add an entry to your hosts file pointing the name example to your docker service and run fig up. Once the process has finished running you can go to http://example to see your instance running.
I am welcoming pull requests should anyone feel like helping out. My todo list is roughly:
- backup/restore of database
- backup/restore of data container
- have the static content served by nginx and not the php server
- switch from php server to php-fpm - thus allowing better concurrency
- remove index.php from the urls
- decide what to do next